Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Visitor

You will all be happy to know that I showered this morning (especially Megan). But I may not ever shower again, after sharing said space with this lovely visitor:

"Oh, hello, I did not see you there! I am three inches long.
You are naked. It is hilarious to me when you shriek!
And that you are naked!
Would you like to have dinner?"


I really don't mind insects. I never have, thanks to a father who refused to kill anything. But this motherfucker surprised the hell out of me, especially when I had yet to put in my contacts. I shrieked (seriously, ask my roommate), slowly turned off the water, pulled a towel around me, and meekly called, "Um, Jen? Could you come in here for a second?"

She was excited to see it, because though she had heard of the size and scope of Southern cockroaches, she had yet to see one. Well, it was her lucky day!

And then, of course, I made her wait to spray it so I could take a picture.

Because I am insane.

11 comments:

Em said...

ummm yeah, no f-ing way! I am seriously scared of that bastard bug and it is on the computer. I would have fainted. seriously.

Anonymous said...

You HSPed the shit out of that roach while you were half naked. You are truly amazing.

Heather said...

Click on the pic for up-close goodness, Em! It's delicious!

Megan, I am truly insane. That's the word you're looking for. In.Sane.

Shane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shane said...

The least you could have done was shave his/her legs too -- looking mighty bristly!

Heather said...

It was so gross. The hairy legs, the antennae, the EVERYTHING.

Ew.

Heather said...

P.S. Did everyone read the cockroach's "Oh hello..." with a slimy accent? Because that was the intent.

inowpronounceyou said...

I don't mind bugs at all...but in the shower? Yeah, that's not a good way to start the day. Of course, pausing for the picture so you could post it? You are one committed blogger.

Heather said...

INPY - In defense of my insanity, I also snapped the pic to prove to my mother that I am not "making things up." In Michigan, roaches are much, MUCH smaller, and when I first found one in my old apartment in Arlington, she told me to stop exaggerating its size.

SEE, LADY? I tell it like it IS.

Not that I am un-committed to blogging, that is...

Lady said...

Ok Ok I believe you! That bug is ridiculous! But you know you relly needed a ruler next to him. Next time you're running around your bathroom naked and scraming, make sure you have all the right items handy! hee hee

Heather said...

The Lady is correct - I should have tried to include something to really demonstrate (prove) the size. Shampoo bottle?

Also? I love that the Lady has her own blogger log-in now. That's awesome!