Sunday, May 27, 2007

But I Digress

Saturday night was fantastic! We dined at Asia de Cuba, an Asian-Cuban fusion restaurant near Leicester Square. We ordered the Thai Beef Salad to start (pretty spicy!), and the Tropical Black Vinegar Hoisin Duck as our main course (perfectly prepared with a mango salsa). The vastly different flavors complimented each other dramatically and made our dinner unique and very memorable! Because the portions were ridiculously huge, sharing is encouraged as the rule. Oh, and the wine was very, very nice as well. I can see why K-10 loves the place so much!

We hopped in a taxi to Digress, a bar in Soho, to meet some of her friends from school. It was there that I ordered the largest bottle of cider that I've ever seen, and it was magnificent.

I love cider!
Cider is served over ice here. Completely bizarre, but nice.
And those ciders? SMALL.

Owen, being chivalrous.

Owen and K-10: adorable.

K-10 didn't have any cider.
I did.

Three.

1 comment:

Waayers said...

Oh my gosh, they have those huge cider bottles in Boston! Except they don't give you a glass with it, so I felt like I was drinking a 40. Good times.