Monday, May 14, 2007

Nerves?

I'm getting a little nervous. My trip to London is a week away, and I've just started thinking about packing. I do have my list ready, though. Because that's how I roll. Plus, I have a contingency plan in case things don't go smoothly.

You see, the airlines and me? Don't get along. I can deal with delays, long lines at security, and a plane that looks like a big Tylenol, but I don't have luck like that. I have luck like this:

Trip to London, Thanksgiving 2003. Continental. I flew to London Gatwick and my bag flew to Orlando. A day later, it was delivered to K-10's flat.

Trip to Michigan, Christmas Eve 2006. Northwest. I flew direct from DC to Detroit. My bag flew to Manila. Really. I got it back a few hours before my flight back to DC on the 27th. Because it was in CUSTOMS. Gah.

Trip to Florida, 2007. US Air. My mom flew to Dulles for a connecting flight, and got stuck there overnight. I was in Miami. Alone.

I'm sure that everything will be fine this time around. I will make sure to have important items in my carry-on. Plus, I'm flying Virgin Atlantic, and they are supposed to ROCK. Fingers crossed, bitches!

2 comments:

Chris said...

I'll be in London the first week of June. (Dammit...we're missing each other.) I'm counting on you sending your best tips and recommendations.

Heather said...

No problem - I'll take notes!