Saturday, May 12, 2007

London, Baby!

And the countdown to London begins!

The last time I went to visit K-10 in London was Thanksgiving 2003. I was still in grad school, and she was living in Surrey - a crappy hour-long train ride to London. We only made it into the city twice (expensive!), which sucked, and then I got sick, which sucked even more.

Now? She's the one in grad school (though just finishing up - I had to wait a few months to buy my flight so she could get her exam schedule) and she's living in the middle of London. Methinks that it will be a slightly more lucrative trip this time around.

We don't have too much planned except for a few museums (I can't help myself) and a few fabulous dinners. Oh, and shopping. Though, I need to take it easy since the dollar isn't doing too well. Yeah, that's an understatement.

Basically, I'm just excited to see her. We talk every. single. day. so it's not like we miss each other - if that makes any sense. The past few times that she's been stateside, I was too wrapped up in a failing relationship to realize how important it was that I see her. Seriously, I have NO excuse for that. But that's friendship for you - you accept that the other can be a grade-A moron sometimes and know that she'll always return to start.

I leave at 11:00 p.m. on May 21. It feels like FOREVER away.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet! Now I'm crying not ONLY because my best friend loves me (aww!), but because my two exams are going to KILL me later this week. We're going to have the best time when you're here! I can't wait!

Come the f*** on, Heather! Get here now!!!!

Heather said...

You'll have the weekend (and perhaps a Murphy, hehe) to forget those hellish exams, and then we are going to tear that town down!

Where the fuck is the fucking tuna?