Thursday, May 10, 2007

Roachzilla

After the cockroach incident last week, I saw another. Slightly smaller, it was just chilling in the middle of the entryway on Saturday night. I sprayed it, threw on some jeans, and went to Hawk and Dove. I needed a drink. God.

I emailed our apartment manager, Beth, and she was helpful (as always. What a nice change after Maria the Demon from Hell). The exterminator was scheduled for the 14th, so she said that he would stop in then.

Then I got this email from her, "By the way, depending on how large these cockroaches are, they may be water bugs rather than roaches. Maybe you are familiar with the difference? Roaches are more brown, water bugs are jet black. Either way, I will sick Noble Pest on them!"

I replied, "Oh, they're cockroaches." And then I attached the picture.

I had a reply from her in less than two minutes: "I have never seen a bug that large in my. entire. life. I emailed it to Noble Pest and they replied that they were definitely coming tomorrow instead of Monday. They also said that these are bugs that come in with the mulch. They do not breed and survive inside, only outside. He will treat the mulch to kill them so they don't come in again, and treat your apartment to kill the ones that are already there."

That's right, bitch bugface! Suck it!

When I got home last night, there was a note from the exterminator, "Sprayed for roachzilla. Should be gone for good."

Ha! Roachzilla. Awesome.

4 comments:

Shane said...

How cool is it that the roach guy knew from the picture you took what kind of roach it was and where it's breeding habits are. God bless portable, in-expensive high-res digital cameras.

Heather said...

I love my camera. Don't call her cheap -- she doesn't like that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't get over how much better your new place is!

Heather said...

I know. Even with the roachzillas, it's still ten times better.