Wednesday, May 02, 2007

The Best Show You're Not Watching

Okay. So I've been a little bored at work lately and I've discovered some awesome new sites and blogs. I'm completely humbled by the quality content out there, and it really does push me to be a better writer (not that you're getting any of that here). Above all, however, is my discovery of full episodes of 30 Rock on nbc.com.

This show is brilliant and is quickly becoming must-see for me. I'd be sad that their season just wrapped, but being able to watch them all online is gold. Plus, they were green-lit for a second season.

Tina Fey plays Liz Lemon, the producer of The Girly Show. TGS's star is Jenna Maroney, played by Jane Krakowski, a beautiful but neurotic (aren't they all?) actress. Liz is annoyed when Jack Donaghy (Alec Baldwin) descends from corporate to revitalize her show - something she doesn't think necessary. He hires Tracy Jordan (Tracy Morgan) as the new star of The Girly Show - now TGS Starring Tracy Jordan - even though Tracy is a bit... off.

The jokes are fresh and good, the premise actually works, and the acting is superb. Alec Baldwin steals every scene. Say what you will about his personal life, he is an amazing actor. Jack Donaghy is his part, and even though the rest of the cast is fantastic, the show would be lost without him.

Watch the episodes online and make sure to tune in when it returns in the fall. It's no Arrested Development (what is?), but it's a good substitute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. 30 Rock is the smartest show on tv since Frasier. I really hope Alec comes back next season--the show cannot go on without him. Thanks for the heads-up on the nbc.com episodes!

Heather said...

I was so excited to find the full eps online. The more I watch of this show, the more I love it.

Unknown said...

Um why are you not giving me credit for turning you onto this show. You are a jerk.

Heather said...

I am a jerk. Sorry, Steeze. You are the queen of everything. ROCKSTAR.