Monday, May 21, 2007

Always Be Prepared

I'm leaving work in about a half hour to get home and finish packing.

If you know me at all, you are aware how rare it is for me to NOT be finished packing. I love preparing for trips - the suitcase, the carry-on, the LISTS. I am insane when it comes to lists. But that's me, I'm crazy. And a little OCD.

After dropping The Lady at Reagan on Sunday morning, I returned home (after driving many blocks out of my way to avoid this and had to park on the other side of Massachusetts Ave.) and proceeded to pack.

I found my favorite carry-on bag folded neatly on the floor of my closet, but something was... off. There was a strange smell, and unfortunately, I knew exactly what I would find even before I took a gander: a dead cockroach. It was on its back, legs curled, and had excreted a vile substance onto the lining of my pretty, pretty bag.

"Son of a bitch!"

I tossed the carcass and scrubbed the bag with 409. It smelled fine, but the whole experience ruined me for further packing. So I took a nap.

Or tried to take a nap. Just as I stretched out onto my bed, Jen hollered that Nigella was starting on the Food Network. OMG, I love her so much and it was her new show and yay! So I happily trotted to the couch and that's where I stayed. For the next three hours.

What the hell?

I occasionally waltzed back to my room to toss something into my suitcase, but since I couldn't really pack until today, I just figured that I had time. And since I was up late every night this weekend, I couldn't fall asleep at all last night. So I popped in the fourth season of Scrubs until I finally passed out.

Dammit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeh, I wasn't warned about the Cap. Hill Classic. What a surprise to get there and find the roads closed!

Heather said...

I'm glad that we left early to drop the Lady at the airport, because we drove around in circles for a while until I finally asked a cop to let me drive through a barrier on 4th. She was bitchy. It was awesome.