Thursday, March 01, 2007

Baby Face

Yikes.

I was at the food court downstairs, and a security guard asked me why I wasn't in school. Yeah. So I laughed, and he just stared at me. Ooookay.

"Um, I'm 26."

(Oh, boo hoo, wee Heather is upset that people think she's young. Big damn deal.)

It's not like I haven't been getting this throughout my entire young life, so it really wasn't a surprise, but he didn't believe me.

So he starts telling everyone around us how old I am. "She's 26, can you believe it? Twenty-SIX!" My face was so red, I could feel the heat emanating off. I bet the security guard felt it, too. "What kind of water are you drinking, seriously? Fountain of youth water?"

Yeah, it's in the parking lot behind my house, right next to the FlexCar parking space. Tastes like antifreeze! "Oh, nothing out of the ordinary."

I then fixed a smile and waited for the cashier to ring up my fruit from the salad bar (strawberries and pineapple and kiwi, oh my!). He repeats my age to her ("I would have sworn she was 16 or 17!"), and she just smiled and said, "Well, just look at what she's eating."

Ha.

No comments: