Friday, March 02, 2007

N-Y-Ceeeeeeee!

I can't but help singing that delightful song from the little-musical-that-could, Annie. Of course, I've never seen it on stage, because my parents hate me, so the 1982 version with Albert Finney is the only version I know. Really, every time that movie was on the Wonderful World of Disney or some shit, my parents would both go on and on about how superior the stage version was to the film, and blahdey blah blah how we'll be sure to take you if it ever comes to the Fisher.

Yeah, it came and went several times, but do you think that we ever went? Okay, I guess my dad did take me to see this at the Fisher, front row, center, with Colm Wilkinson, so I will kindly shut up now.

That probably means absolutely nothing to the majority of you. I'm boring you. I can sense it.

How do like dem apples?

ANYWAY, Merrick, Laurel, and I are heading up to the Big Apply City this weekend for some apply times with Bets. She escaped DC this past summer and is now living it up on the lower east side (I just made that up. I have no idea where she lives or what it's called. She's in the bottom half of Manhattan, though - I do know that). It's going to be super fly.

We're taking the bus, so that's going to be an adventure in itself. I will take notes.

Oh, and also? Still peeling. GD sunburn.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If you go see "Mary Poppins" I'll kill you.