Sunday, March 11, 2007

Reno 911: Miami

My tummy, it hurts from the laughing.

This film was wrong on so many levels, and as long as you enter the theater aware of the fact that you will not be seeing a classic, then you'll enjoy the film. Scratch that. If you love the show and you know it won't be a classic, you'll enjoy the film.

Okay, if you have the sense of humor of a teenage boy, then you'll enjoy the film.

Luckily, that's where my humor lies. I absolutely loved The State and Wet Hot American Summer, so when Reno 911 debuted on Comedy Central, I knew that it would find its following. And a place in my heart forever.

But seriously, WHEN are they going to release The State on dvd?

Barry: Now I know what you're thinkin'
LeVon: Barry and Le Von, where did you get two-hundred and forty dollars?
Barry: [shakes head and puts finger to mouth] Shhhhhh.
LeVon: Aw yeah.
Barry: Don't worry your pretty little head about it, baby
LeVon: It ain't your concern.


Anyway.

Reno 911: Miami was disgusting, sophmoric, and borderline retarded. And I laughed my ass off. The Reno police department heading to Miami to attend the National Police Convention! (I would have called bullshit on that - who's at home watching the shop? - but such a group convened here in DC about a year ago. Coincidentally, that's the weekend I saw hookers lining L street during a drive home from Adams Morgan. Huh.)

Things are shot to hell upon their arrival, and they are sooned called upon to save the day. Hijinks ensue, obviously. They're over-the-top and overblown and somehow, it's completely appropriate.

There are cameos upon cameos in this film from big name actors to former cast members from The State. Also watch for guest stars from the show, including my favorite, Nick Swardson. Oh and check this out when you get a chance. It's... well, don't watch it at work unless the volume is low:



Right, so if you enjoyed that video, you'll enjoy Reno 911: Miami. It will only hurt a little.

No comments: