Thursday, March 01, 2007

Death and Waxes

I did my taxes early this year. At the beginning of February.

No, really!

And I got my first check in the mail yesterday. Sweet! Thank you, DC government, for my $58.00. If you think that that's a ridiculously small amount, just wait until I get my federal refund.

$8.00.

I know, I know - better than having to pay. It's still silly that they mailed me a check for such a small amount. I almost filed online this year, and I would have, too. But the fee for filing my state tax was more than half of my refund. No thanks, H&R Block! Nice job with the whole, "Free E-file" crap. Dirty, dirty liars!

So I used their system, figured it all out, and then filled out the form my own damn self and mailed it in. I spent the $58.00 today - what's up, bikini wax! You were like, free!

Now what am I going to do with that $8.00?

No comments: