Sunday, March 18, 2007

TP

I am sure that am far from the first blogger to post about this subject, but I am not embarrassed to admit that I like things to be a certain way. My closet is coordinated by color, my pans hang on the kitchen wall just so, and everything on my desk has its own place.

And in the bathroom, the toilet paper roll must hang OVER. I hate it when the roll is under. I had a constant war going with an old roommate: we both took turns flipping it after each visit to the bathroom. We drove each other MAD and we were both completely aware of our collective insanity. And it continued for months.

I've never flipped the roll at someone else's house, but if I finish a roll and have to replace it, you'd better be sure that the new roll will be set to OVER.

Not that it really matters, anyway:

Let's take a closer look at that, shall we?

Yes, that is a box of tissues. Resting atop the toilet paper holder. How ghetto are we, really?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I flip the roll at other people's houses so it's oriented in the 'over' posish. The TP is much easier to get to when it's over. Jeez.

Heather said...

Exactly! Why don't people REALIZE this?

Because they are stupid.

Anonymous said...

i actually think i read somewhere that most women attach it in the 'under' position, because it looks neater that way. i guess we're just manly.

Heather said...

Neater? NO! It looks STUPID. Plus, you can't *see* the end of the roll, so you have to half-teeter off the toilet and peer underneath and risk falling on your head and that's how they'll find you: On the floor with no pants on.

Anonymous said...

ah, my favorite place to be :P