Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Coke Nightmares

Do coke addicts have nightmares? I would think that they would be quite colorful. But I'll have to assume that they are nothing like the Coca Cola nightmares I've been experiencing.

I gave up the bubbly for Lent and I don't miss it at all. Except in my dreams, that is.

I woke up at 3-something the other morning infinitely disgusted with myself because I had sipped down a glass of Coke at dinner. I'm not sure, because I was alone, but I bet I looked like someone with multiple personalities, swinging my head to and fro, arguing with myself:

"How could you do that?"

"I didn't!"

"How could you break your fast?"

"But I swear, I didn't!"

"You're evil, you're going to hell, and they're going to reserve a seat on the express train for you!"

"Well, I've already got a window seat, so HA! Oh, wait..."

Right. It took some time for me to realize that I had dreamt it all.

I'm not really craving any pop, though spying the Cherry Coke dispenser at California Tortilla did make me whimper for a few seconds (my coworker, Gordon, must think that I am certifiable). I'm getting my sugar elsewhere, so why the nightmares?

OH CRAP. What if I'm sleep-CocaColaing?

2 comments:

Deals On Wheels said...

Haha! I'm also having "Lent Dreams". In mine, I've temporarily forgotten my Lenten vows and eaten chocolate mints. Once I realize my mistake, I burst into tears. Then, I wake up and STILL FEEL GUILTY for indulging in the forbidden sweats. It was only a dream, but the guilt remains with me for hours. So not fair!!!

Heather said...

I think that I cried in my dream, too!

I'm glad that we're in this together, Deals. Jesus loves us.