Thursday, March 22, 2007

All the Hastiness

I once had a housemate named CreePaul. Good guy, but somewhat... creepy. He lived here for about a year before hightailing it back to Jersey for a new job.

Thing is? He left in such a rush that he only took the things that would fit into his Accord. But I think that you'll see that we benefited from his hastiness.

Dresser. This now serves as storage for our many blankets as well as candles and other assorted household items. Oh, and it's our bar. It's a good thing - the cabinets now have space for food.


Area rug. I love hardwood floors, but ours were never shown the love that they deserve (probably due to the fact that our landlord is a flaming bitch), and they semi-permanently become iglooish during the winter. A bit dark, but the rug is a welcome addition to our living room:

Assorted kitchenware. Excuse me if I'm mistaken, but do you leave Farberware behind? NO YOU DO NOT. What the hell was he thinking? You know what? I don't care. I love them. Mine!

Also, whatever the holy fuck this is:

Horrible, isn't it?

Finally - and this still baffles me - a perfectly nice flat screen t.v. He seriously couldn't find room for this in his car? Whatever - Jen loves having it in her room, where it fuels her Law & Order/CSI addictions:

What you don't see pictured is a huge, six foot long desk and a twin mattress set and frame. That's because instead of donating them, or selling them on Craigslist, he left them on the curb. Rather, he left them in his room with explicit instructions to leave them on the curb. Nice going.

Ah, CreePaul. I wonder who you're creeping out now.

3 comments:

Waayers said...

I believe the chef thing is a napkin holder...at least that's what it looks like.

Heather said...

Yeah, I know it's a napkin holder -- I'm just wondering what the hell is with the picture.

Waayers said...

Oh, of course. Yeah, I don't know who would buy crap like that.