Monday, February 26, 2007

Sick Leave

I stayed home from work today because I am still full of the sniffly and the sneezy and the achy. I slept and slept and then emailed people to whine about how sick I was and then wondered aloud, "Good Lord - when did I become such a baby?"

So I am forcing myself to go to work tomorrow, even if I feel shitty, just on principle because if I am well enough to sit at the computer, I am well enough to sit at work at the computer. (Of course, if I had the laptop I really want, then I would definitely be in bed and would totally negate the whole guilt factor because I would be in bed, and therefore be very, very sick. Obviously.)

So I've been back and forth to the kitchen today for tea and then water and then soup and then water and then tea... you get the idea. Anyway, I stopped at one point to look at my pretty floor and my pretty light fixture and it made me think of a certain someone who drove my whiny ass all over the DC metro area to get these things and then installed them himself. And it made me realize how happy I am to have him in my life. Not because he installs floors and takes me to nice dinners and good movies and talks about things that make my brain feel fulfilled, but because he's a wonderful person and I care about him very much. But also for those other things.

And I just want him to know that.

No comments: