Monday, October 22, 2007

Catch and Release

I've been listening to my Joshua Radin cd on repeat since watching this movie last night.

I didn't have the highest expectations for this film - I figured that it was just your typical rom-com. But I like Jennifer Garner. I think she's pretty and a pretty good actress. And she was great in Catch and Release.

The plot isn't difficult - Grey, a young almost-widow (Garner) starts a journey of self-discovery after her fiance, Grady, is killed just days before their wedding. As she attempts to get her life in order, she starts learning more and more about her husband-to-be, and she starts to wonder if she ever really knew him at all.

Their friends (Kevin Smith, Timothy Olyphant, and Sam Jaeger) deal with his death in their own quirky and somewhat devastating ways.

The friends lean on each other and ultimately help each other heal in many different ways. It's nice. And, like many rom-coms of the day, the soundtrack enhances each scene with light, sweet, and touching music.

Catch and Release is predictable, but rewarding.

No comments: