Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Onion Karma

Do you see what you get? Do you see what you get when you mess with karma? ("Do you see what you get, Carla? Do you see what you get when you mess with The WARRIOR?")

I have the worst luck with planes. Awful. I was lucky enough to avoid any problems on my London flight, so I guess I was pretty much asking for this:

On Friday, waiting at Reagan for my flight, I got Five Guys, just for the onion breath (okay, for the actual burger. I love me their little hamburger). I knew that my US Airways Express flight would be chock-full of businessmen (it was) and I wanted to annoy them because they annoy me. But I couldn't go through with it - I popped a piece of gum anyway. I felt bad for thinking like that. No one wanted to smell my onion breath.

I proceeded to have an amazing weekend in Michigan with my family, friends, and... new friends. I watched my niece turn two, I played some euchre, I went to Ann Arbor... I just didn't want to leave. I went to the airport extremely happy, but a little sad that I had to get on a plane.

And then, after waiting in line for twenty minutes (what the hell, US Air? Why do you not have separate lines for those of us not checking luggage?), my Sunday evening flight got cancelled. Flat out hope- you- have- somewhere- to- stay- because- we're- blaming- this- on- the- weather cancelled. They got me on a 7:15 a.m. flight the next morning, which was awesome because I got to attend to some unfinished business, but when I checked in, I didn't have a seat.

Standby. Sweet.

Then, I entered the longest security line ever. This jerk guy deliberately cut in front of me, and I was NOT having it. "Excuse me, sir? Where are you going?" and I made him move. Then, before the detectors, he stole my bin. "SIR" is all I said. He gave it back. Jackhole.

I got a seat, and then a layover in Philly. Scary, huge airport. Delayed plane.

Where's the GD plane?

We finally arrived in DC an hour late, and I made the mistake of going into work. I had been up since 4:30 a.m., and I promptly fell asleep at my desk. So I went home and fell asleep on the couch instead.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Do not eat onions with a wicked heart. Karma will bite you on the ass.

6 comments:

inowpronounceyou said...

As soon as I read that first line, all I could think of was Turk. I think we both ned to find new reruns to watch.

Welcome home. :)pojmo

Heather said...

"Quiet down now! It is time to watch the show. Yes it's starting, don't be licking me no more. Matter fact could you get me a handi wipe?"

I love Turk.

inowpronounceyou said...

I had TOTALLY forgotten that! What theme song was he singing? (And that's the same episode, isn't it?)

I loved the airband dance he did that made Janitor say "I don't know what "it" is, but he's got it".

Heather said...

Sanford and Son. Same episode, good memory!

And thanks for the welcome home.

Anonymous said...

Well, the karma hasn't hit Waayers and I yet, but I'm sure it will. We both noticed the fantastic baggy 80s pants (black w/ a hot pink design) at the baseball game and immediately after laughing together about it the man fell down. And stayed down. Waayers seems to think we caused this.

Heather said...

Oh just wait, Laurel... karma will get you!