Monday, June 18, 2007

Not Again

I am finally convinced that karma has it in for me and is insistent on kicking me in the face.

My flight for this upcoming Sunday? From Michigan back to DC? Was cancelled.

Touche, karma. Always with the flights. WHY?!!?!?

I was on the phone last night when I heard the beep of an incoming call. I didn't recognize the number and thus let voicemail do its job. Once I finished my very important phone call, I thought that I'd check it out:

"This is an animated message from the Northwest Airlines Reservations Center. Your flight on... Sunday, June 24... has been... cancelled... due to... equipment problems."

Fuck.

The computer then told me that I had been rescheduled for a 2:30 p.m. flight on Monday.

No.

I called and the operator was super awesome and got me on a flight into Dulles instead. Sucky, for sure, but better than pissing off my boss even more than I already have lately (last week was EPIC, let me tell you). And since my roommate is a beautiful princess, she's going to pick my ass up. Thank goodness.

I have GOT to figure out what it is that's pissing off karma...

6 comments:

Waayers said...

Clearly Northwest has it out for you. Maybe you should stop using them.

Heather said...

Ah, yes, but all of the airlines hate me. US Air canceled my flight a few weeks ago, Northwest sends my stuff to Manila, Continental sends my stuff to Orlando instead of London, and Spirit canceled all flights between Detroit and DC.

Virgin Atlantic is good, but it's the only one...

I have to fly Northwest - it's the only one to Detroit that flies direct and that I can afford!

JLR said...

oh, sad! I know what you mean. With me it's elevators. Will I have to wait forever for an elevator, which will be jammed to full capacity, and then stop on every floor? Lately, the answer is "yes." I don't know what I did.

Heather said...

jlr - I have that problem with elevators, too. Uh oh... what if karma is kicking me in the throat by messing with all of my modes of transportation?

I guess it's a good thing that I don't drive... I just hope the metro isn't in on the plan.

JLR said...

Don't say it! You can't say it out loud! You've just given the universe the idea!

Heather said...

I know. I'll shut my face now.