Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Anti-Bridezilla

My lovely, wonderful friend, Merrick, is getting married on June 9th and I am honored to be a bridesmaid. It's going to be a beautiful wedding, I'm really excited to get dressed up, and I am just so, so happy for her.

I went for my fitting on May 19, and that's when they discovered that they had forgotten to order my dress.

Awesome.

I talked to them today, and it's not due to be delivered to the bridal shop until June 6th or 7th. And I need massive alterations because I am what you would call petite.

Again, the wedding is June 9th.

Super fantastic.

I didn't want to bother Merrick with this ridiculousness, but they called her anyway. After she came down from her mini anger cloud, she somehow talked them out of the alteration fees (and at $90.00, I'm glad they insisted on calling her), and made everything all better. They swore up and down that the alterations could be done in mere hours. She didn't freak out, she didn't get stressed, and she didn't raise her voice.

She's going to make a good wife.

No comments: