Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Ak-scents

Good story - when in grad school, one of my friends got engaged. I was invited to the wedding shower, at Gordon Biersch. Now, Megan was from New York but went to school at BYU, and most of her friends were from Utah. At the shower, three people asked me if I was from the Midwest, and one person asked if I was specifically from Michigan.

Yeah, my akscent is awesome.

Anyway, this is a cool quiz, and right on - at least for me. Try it out!


What American accent do you have?

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

12 comments:

Waayers said...

Ooh that was fun! I have a midland accent, which apparently means neutral.

RR said...

Fun quiz. My accent is also Midland, although I'm not from that region.

JLR said...

Hey, me, too! I don't get that. I think they got their idea of Southern speech from the movies.

Deals On Wheels said...

You really should go into the finer details of Megan's wedding story. I love the part where someone gave her a full coverage bra and she got all embarrassed.

Heather said...

Oh Deals, I know! It was so funny! Megan's awesome, though. If she hadn't been so modest, she wouldn't have been Megan!

Anonymous said...

i have a northern one as well, of course...given the fact that i grew up about 30 feet from you. :)

Heather said...

a - We need to stick together. And get more people to call it "pop."

Anonymous said...

Me too Waayers! I'm wondering if they consider a Cali accent like people from the Valey.

Anonymous said...

or Valley as the case may be.

Heather said...

lem - Like, okay! (Yeah, if you ever sounded like that, I would punch you. Hehe!)

Anonymous said...

It would be like bumping into a table.

What does Joey say? It's like a tiny, but very real...damn. My memory fails.

Heather said...

Are you referencing the ep with Punky Brewster, lem?