Sunday, August 28, 2005

The VIBE Gets Around. Whore.

My plans to visit Great Falls this weekend in the VIBE were thwarted by the evil rainy weather. Stupid weatherpeople! They said no rain this weekend. NO RAIN. They are all LYING LIARS. But I got to do a bunch of other neat things!

Woke up at 7 in the a.m. on Saturday to go to Great Falls. Pouring down rain. Fantastic. So I had some Rice Krispies instead. Because THAT'S the same. When is the last time that you had Rice freaking Krispies, though? For me, it's been years since I had some snappy, cracky, poppily goodness. But that's mostly because I never buy milk. But I had some milk! AND, I had some apple juice. Man, I love apple juice. Especially in the morning. People who'd rather have orange juice with breakfast are weirdos.

Then I made the mistake of going to Tyson's Corner Mall. Right, so we've established that Virginians cannot drive. So because it was semi-sprinkling, it took me about an hour longer to get there than normal.

So I walk in with two bags. Both are shirts that need to be returned, because I am a stupid moron who never tries on clothes at the mall because I see it as a hassle. More of a hassle than going back and returning/exchanging said items of clothing, you ask? Well, there are a few stores where I am fairly confident of my size. Like The Limited. LOVE. But this XS shirt was a little big. And the XS shirt I got at NY & Company was a little small. Right, anyway, Limited there is closed for a month for renovations or something. Meh. At least I got one thing done. Wish I had remembered to get a smoothie or something...

Then I headed back to The Hill, but not before stopping at my favorite Thai place in Arlington to pick up a late lunch/early dinner. Fab. Also fab? How I still have their number in my phone.

Went to Old Town with Amanda and Waayers. Ended up at Murphy's, of course. The singers were, well... awful. How you can screw up both Irish classic songs and fun bar songs like Piano Man and Country Roads, I don't know. So we drank to numb the pain. Well, Amanda drank. I was driving.

Today, the VIBE was due back at 1 p.m. It was sad, really. It was the epitome of freedom - to me, anyway. It was a spectacularly stupid looking car, though! But it was a car, and it was MINE for the weekend.

And now I miss the 'Scort. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You also forgot to mention that Murphy's somehow filled up with rednecks that night. The entire bar got all rowdy and sang along with the bluegrass songs. Why was I the only one looking around cluelessly?