Monday, August 22, 2005

Great Dane

Okay, so if you haven't heard of Dane Cook, get ready. He's out-of-control hilarious and I LOVE HIM.




I remember my first time with Dane. It was a magical night. December 31, 2000. I was at this massive house party in Ann Arbor, everyone was dressed to the nines, it was 11:30 p.m., and we were all massively drunk and waiting for the GD ball to drop. Impatience. So someone pops in a VHS. Dane's Comedy Central Special. I thought that maybe it was the alcohol that made me laugh that hard. I mean, I had just giggled like an idiot when I heard someone fell into the toilet at the party... When I caught him on CC a few days later, I realized it wasn't liquor. He's just THAT funny.


If you haven't seen this, you NEED to get to your favorite Best Buy, Circuit City, or back alley crack dealer and get his first CD, Harmful if Swallowed. It's a CD/DVD combo, and the CC special is included - UNEDITED. Bonus! You will not be disappointed. That is, unless you are a humorless automaton. In which case, bummer. You can just "SUCK MY BACK!" Hehe. You'll see. Oh, you'll see.


While you're there, I strongly recommend picking up his newest CD/DVD combo: Retaliation. It's scrumtrulescent. Tonks and I listened to it in all its glory while driving to Howell, MI. Almost had to pull over as she swerved to miss hitting another car. All from laughing too hard.


I mean, just LOOK at him. He makes me want to laugh!

"Don't you wish you were a snake? Yeah, you do!"

"Pick a number please, pick a number. Four? One, two, three, four. Pick a color please, pick a color. Purple? P-U-R-P-L-E... Heh heh heh... You are a faggot!"

"Naughty, naughty Kool-Aid. Yeah, coming through the wall is real cool - using the front door is cool! Don't touch me, you drink! I will kick you in the tights and you will go over, you're very top-heavy."

Ahhhhh... just get his CDs! Now!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I must agree with K-10. Domestic Problems is an enormously talented band out of Grand Rapids, MI. Check them out. For serious. Do it!

Right, so on our last day of class at the U of M (last day EVER!), K-10 and I joined Tonks and her EMU peeps for a drive down to Toledo, OH to see Dane perform free at the U of Toledo. We got there super early and scored 4th row, center aisle seats. These obnoxious boys were in the front row proudly sporting their fraternity party shirts ("Luau," and "Toga," and "Backyard BBQ." Great). One of these morons kept sitting on the stage, walking around, yelling obscenities as people walked in, etc. You know the type. He would eventually leave the auditorium and return about 5 times before Dane emerged on stage.

In fact, Dane appeared while fan boy was out in the hallway. Dane starts his routine, and this asshat returns and makes the mistake of turning around and removing his sweatshirt from his seat before sitting down. Dane gets right up behind him, "WHERE THE FUCK WERE YOU?"

Simply hilarious. My stomach hurt for days after that show.

Heather said...

Hope you enjoy, CRP!