Monday, August 08, 2005

Yoopers

Just came across this article on the UM webpage. It's pretty funny. Funnier still are the other names in the running for the most descriptive word for those crazy upper peninsulites: Pastian, Skeeter-Eater, or Michupper.

Pastian. That's funny. Mmmm, pasties. Does anyone from outside of Michigan even KNOW what those are? No, they're not stripper-wear. But that's funny too. Alright, here's a hint. Well, the answer, really.

Which brings me to the other fantastic things that one can only find in Michigan:





Faygo Pop (yes, POP) - Rock 'n' Rye is the BEST



And finally, Awrey's Bumpy Cake (and it has to be Awrey's, not Entenmann's)


I'll be back there this weekend. Again. I know, do I ever stop traveling? Have I spent a weekend in my own apartment at all this summer? Do I need to get some sleep? Meh.

3 comments:

gabe said...

Hey, did you know what you can do with hot fudge?

Heather said...

Yes, it's lovely on ice cream with the sprinkles and the cherry on top goodness.

Oh, were you insinuating something else?

Anonymous said...

thats all well & good unless your last name is Pastian, like ours. Step over and do a little research across the country but South Dakota is loaded with lots of us Pastians!