Friday, August 26, 2005

Good Vibes

I have a Pontiac Vibe for the weekend. A what? A VIBE. What on EARTH would possess the good folks at Pontiac to name a car THAT?


It's cute, it's small, and it zips around like a hummingbird on crack. All I really ask for in my cars, really. Mine's red - just like this one.

I feel like a badass, having a car again. Well, as much of a badass as I can be in a VIBE. I really miss being able to go to a grocery store in which I can actually afford the merchandise. Because really, Martin's Market here on Capitol Hill hikes up the prices like we're being rationed. $2.50 for a two-liter of Coca Cola? Sure, that sounds reasonable! Let me go grab my giant sack of GOLD. One minute...




So I've been to Safeway, Trader Joe's, and Old Navy. I didn't get much - I went because I COULD. Although, every time I go to Old Navy, that place looks more and more like an overflowing Salvation Army warehouse. Can we get SOMEONE to fold the freakin' shirts? Anyone? Is it just that customers are so appalled by the choices of capri pants and "ironic" t-shirts that they THROW the clothes on the floor in disgust? I don't know. It's just a mess. All the time.


I'm supposed to go to a party tonight, and as it's in Falls Church, I didn't think that I was going to be able to make it. But now, thanks to the VIBE, I think I might. I also might get me some of that lovely food from Crystal Thai in Arlington. Or maybe save that for tomorrow.


OH! What about Jimmy John's? I should get that sometime, too! So much to do, so little time with the VIBE.

No comments: