Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Penguins!


March of the Penguins was wonderful! You should see it!

"Sure!" you think. "Heather said it was good, so I should see it!" Fine. I know I'm just rewording what most of the reviewers have said, but the images are powerful, the cinematography is superb, and the narration is fabulous (Morgan Freeman). It's a story about love, more than anything, and I loved it. As you're watching, take a moment to think about the filmmakers. Where the hell were they sleeping, anyway?


Ladies, you might cry. It's sweet, it's sad, it's funny, it's heartwarming. Yeah, you'll definitely cry.

Guys, it's a perfect date movie - that girl will just MELT into your arms. Play your cards right, like a carefully planned single tear, and it's 'Welcome to Pantyville, population: you.'

Support the arts! See it at an indie theater, if at all possible. I recommend the E Street theater - make sure to remember your old student ID, because there's a good discount.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

gabe said...

Bah, sorry I couldn't make it... I will watch it... someday...

Deals On Wheels said...

One day soon I hope to make it to the movies again.

Thanks to the stupid BOY TOY (who, by the way, finally moved back to Dallas) the last movie I saw at the theater was THE GRUDGE. You know how much I hate to be scared, so - yeah - that was fun. Didn't sleep for days...!

Heather said...

Deals, did you cry from terror? I never saw it (though I kinda want to) mostly because those movies give me nightmares. But I love being scared. It's a vicious cycle, really.