Tuesday, August 23, 2005

That's So Swayze

Right. So my friend really likes Patrick Swayze. I don't know. I don't know why! And he (yes, HE - didn't see that one coming, did ya?) uses the name as a freaking adjective.

"How was the movie?"
"Oh, it was so Swayze."

"What did you make for dinner?"
"I made some Swayze chicken and some zesty Swayze pasta."

I AM NOT KIDDING.

OH, it gets better.

He has a Patrick Swayze poster over his living room couch. Not some artsy framed poster. Nope. It's from a magazine. Which? TEEN BEAT. Did he do a search on eBay for "Patrick Swayze 1986?" Because I can't imagine that there are many teeny bopper magazines including posters of Patrick Fucking Swayze in 2005.

Patrick Swayze. I swear...

The poster in question:


Just kidding, the one above his couch is a headshot. But still, this one made me snort apple juice out my nose. I mean, because seriously, guys? It's so Swayze.

8 comments:

gabe said...

Reminds me of a comic I read the other day.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic cartoon! It all fits together so beautifully.

anika said...

That's a Swayze poster -- I have it over my own living room couch ... and my bed ... and in my kitchen ...

Heather said...

Hey Gabe, that cartoon is so totally Swayze.

gabe said...

You people and your Swayze. Mayhap one day I shall watch a Swayze movie...

Anonymous said...

Gabe, have you never seen a Swayze movie?? You need to watch Dirty Dancing. Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

Anonymous said...

By the way, Heather, that poster is so flippin' SWEET!! Everytime I check your blog I scroll down and laugh. Hehe!

Seriously, though, what was Swayze thinking when he made that?

Heather said...

Well, what I was really looking for was a clip from the SNL Chippendales skit. With Chris Farley. Hilarity!