Monday, August 08, 2005

Chi-Town, Beetches!

Man. That was a weekend. From dinner at the German sing-along restaurant to the sights at Market Days, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Hit up a few good bars on Friday night with Woelker and managed to prevent a hangover. Somehow. Maybe it was that plain Coke I ordered near the end of the night. Lame!

Saturday we went to this great little restaurant for lunch - Kitsch'n. Very clever. I got the Phat-Jacks. They were, well... phat. Then we hopped on the El and headed to Market Days.

Market Days. Right. Being both female and straight, I was definitely in the minority at this street fair. It reminded me of the Friends episode when Carol and Susan got married. At the lack of straight female prospects in attendance, Chandler remarks that the world is his "lesbian wedding." That was sort of how I found myself - in somewhat of a daze and realizing that all of these guys... well, they sure thought my jean miniskirt was "kicky!" I did look damn cute that day, not that it mattered... Lots of free stuff all around: I got a keychain, hair products, beads, and Tylenol PM. Yeah. I don't think that you understand how badly I was missing my camera. I saw the most fantastically beautiful men strolling amongst the most fantastically terrifying drag queens. The fabulousness beat the heat, that's for damn sure. Multiple... so many nipple piercings! All of the vendors had beer, but also, champagne slushies.
Champagne Slushies! Everyone was so happy and brilliant - and by brilliant, I mean sparkly. There was much sparkliness.

Lots of shopping in all kinds of really cool, unique boutiques and shops (I got a
sweet bag for work - I decided that it was about time I had a professional-looking bag rather than the beat-up, torn, holes-in-the-corners, no-longer-black bag I've had for years). Dinner at Matisse - really cool. We sat outside. The weather was AMAZING. Chicago is just phat. It was a great weekend. Thanks, Woelker!

No comments: