Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Tag! I'm It.

I was tagged by Lynne. So here we go - hope I don't come off too lame...

"List ten songs that you are currently digging... it doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're no good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the ten songs in your blog. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to."

1. Strawberry Fields Forever by Ben Harper. This song is on the I Am Sam soundtrack - all Beatles songs redone by contemporary artists (Ben Folds, Howie Day, Grandaddy, Sheryl Crow, etc.), and it's quite good. I just love his version of this song.

2. Since U Been Gone by Kelly Clarkson. I didn't watch American Idol that season. I haven't watched any of the seasons, to be honest. I just don't care! Everyone on there is completely irritating. But this song rocks! The video is pretty sweet, too. I do hate the "U" instead of "You," but whatcha gonna do? You can't ask too much of these people.

3. Hallelujah by John Cale. On the Scrubs soundtrack. It's lovely and haunting. In a good way. And I keep hitting repeat.

4. Such Great Heights by The Postal Service. Such a fantastic song - a great beat and heartwarming lyrics. Check out a slow version of the same song by Iron and Wine. In fact, check out the entire Garden State soundtrack (I'm all about the soundtracks today).

5. Gracie by Ben Folds. I love Ben Folds. He always has beautiful lyrics and he is dynamite on the piano. This song is about his daughter and it makes me cry every time. It's wonderful.

6. Waltz #2 (XO) by Elliott Smith. It's a shame that he is no longer with us - his writing improved with each album.

7. Barrel of a Gun by Guster. This song is apparently about masturbation. So I've heard.

8. Run by Snow Patrol. I love so many of the British bands to invade America this past year (or are they Irish? Um, Scottish? Not sure on this one. I know that they started up in Scotland...). Right. So this song is sweet. LISTEN TO IT.

9. Half Light by Athlete. Another British band. Totally obsessed with this song. It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

10. Mr. Brightside by The Killers. Saw them live with Keane this summer. They were both flippin' awesome. I kinda liked it when I was the only one who knew who they were, but share the wealth, I guess.

Alright, I'll tag Gabe, Deals, K-10, Waayers, Amanda, and Laurel. Gabe and Deals are the only ones with blogs, so everyone else will just have to respond in the comments. Alright, GO!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good post... thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ok, here it is. First of all, I don't have a fancy iPod and I don't listen to underground music or whatever. I pretty much just listen to the radio and my collection of 80s CDs. So my answers are going to be pretty boring. Sorry.

In no particular order....

1. Just Like Heaven - The Cure. I LOVE the Cure, they're one of my favorite bands. And lately I've had their songs stuck in my head. Probably because I always pick them on the jukebox at the Pour House. :)

2. Boys Don't Cry - The Cure. See #1.

3. Bad - U2. Also because of the Pour House....a certain bartender has an affinity for U2. :)

4. Green Eyes - Coldplay. I like to think they're singing about me.

5. Warning Sign - Coldplay. It's the track right after #4. Such a beautiful song. I always hit repeat.

6. Dream Lover - Maraiah Carey. I know it's lame, but I've always liked this song.

7. Beverly Hills - Weezer. How can you not like Weezer? Plus this song kinda reminds me of home.

8. Semi-Charmed Life - Third Eye Blind. I heard this song on the radio the other day and it reminded me of high school. I was like, "hey, I used to really like this song! I remember cruising downtown Turlock singing along to this."

9. Man, I'm really running out of ideas....Let's see, that one Gorillaz song is fun. What's the name of it?

10. Sweet Caroline. I've been going to too many baseball games and Irish pubs.

That list was kind of lame. I kind of just put down what popped into my head. I'll probably think of something better in an hour.

Anonymous said...

I thought of another one. (I'm getting way too caught up with this.) Pick whichever you think is the most lame, and replace it with this one:

Summertime by Sublime. It's a good version of an old classic. A great song for summer.