Monday, August 18, 2008

You Say it's Your Birthday

No work, shopping at the mall (and lots of free samples from the guy at Sephora!), sushi for lunch, and a visit from the family.

Yeah, it was a great birthday.

I spent the weekend with Mike, watching movies, going to several great restaurants, and hanging with his parents. It was relaxing and wonderful, and I sometimes have to wonder how I got so lucky to have him in my life.

He surprised me yesterday with dinner at Red Hawk. We entered the restaurant and the bartender directed us to the back. I wasn't even paying attention - I was trying to pick a table so that we could watch the Tigers game (thank goodness we didn't watch. Ugh.) and I didn't even notice the three people holding up menus in front of their faces... my parents and Kelly. My brother and Kari joined us shortly after, once she extracted him from Steve & Barry's.

How did I not notice the nuts with the menus over their faces? Mike and The Lady had planned the whole thing, and it was perfect.

(I had a burger, and it was delicious. Best in town!)

I am a lucky girl. And a very happy girl. Happy Birthday to me!

2 comments:

gabe said...

Happy birthday!

Heather said...

Thanks, Gabe!