Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kid-Friendly?

I get fun emails from Real Simple with recipes, organizing ideas (I know, but don't you know that things are better when organized?), decorating ideas, and the like. But when I get things like this, I have nothing else to do but laugh aloud:


The subject line was "Kid-Friendly Recipe: Zucchini-Mushroom Pizza."

Kid-friendly? Do they KNOW any kids? At six years-old, I would have seen through this ruse with my eyes closed. Granted, I was an extremely picky eater, but still. I don't much like zucchini NOW at the age of twenty-eight (wow, I am twenty-eight now. Hmmm. Has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? Whatever. It doesn't change the fact that zucchini is unappetizing unless it's in a dish and I don't know what it is. Then I'll eat it. And I'll like it. I know, it's a complex web).

Also, that picture doesn't convincingly scream "CONSUME ME NOW." Try again, Real Simple.

Although... what the hell do I know? I don't have kids, and I don't know what kids like to eat. The other day, we had to buy Spongebob Squarepants Macaroni & Cheese because my niece refuses to eat the spiral ones.

I am so not ready for children.

No comments: