Tuesday, August 14, 2007

System Failure

I work in L'Enfant Plaza, an area not known for its choice of dining options.

My coworker, in many attempts to stay sane under this kind of pressure, searches for any escape -- even if it's only for his lunch break. Yesterday, he planned a grand escape. GRAND. All the way to Chinatown and beyond in search of something other than several picked-over buffets.

And he hooked me. I am weak and he offered free lunch.

When he returned with a Jr. Whopper for me, I was happy. I scraped off the congealed "cheese" and, well... I ate it. And it was gooooood.

Five minutes later, I remembered that I hadn't eaten a smidge of fast food since viewing a certain film. I don't know if it was the "cheese" residue or the fact that my system was not equipped to handle the meat, but there were a few uncertain hours there.

The wastebasket was directly next to my chair, is what I'm saying. I haven't felt that foul in months. I will not be having anything from the BK Lounge anytime soon.

Heather's Body: Things do tend to taste better when they're free, though...

Heather: No! No fast food! Go back to your nap.

Heather's Body: But I want more greasy fas... zzzzzzzzz.

Heather: Ugh. Where's the trash can?

1 comment:

Heather said...

This is the same coworker who gave me the Domino's pizza. He's bad news! No more accepting food from him!