Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Peshtigo!

It's like Mahwah!

In a few short hours (oh sweet Jebus, please let them be short), I'm off to lovely Wisconsin for some camping, some kayaking, and some white water rafting. It's a weekend-long celebration in honor of my fabulous cousin, Holley, who is turning the big three-oh and is now over eleven years cancer-free. (!!!)

I've never been white water rafting or kayaking, so this should be an experience for the books. I have a feeling that I am going to be a little sore and/or sunburned after the excursions, but after seeing the "best dressed rafter" on the company's website, I'm not worried. She looks so happy! And white-trashy! I plan on dressing like her and it will all be SO WORTH IT:

SEXY.

I don't exactly have "tennis shoes" that look like hiking boots, nor do I have lipstick in that particular shade of whore, but I will so be buying myself a super fly glasses strap when I arrive! I don't plan on wearing mom jean shorts, though. Those look, um... painful.

On Sunday, I found myself in an insane cleaning/straightening up/organizing mood, and so that's when I packed. I'm not sure that this was a good or a bad decision. It's good, mostly because Merrick and I made dinner last night and I was way too exhausted and full of wine (Delicious wine? Exactly.) to pack, but it's bad because I can't actually remember what I packed.

There is a good possibility that I will find myself standing on the banks of the Peshtigo River wearing six tank tops and no pants. Granted, packing while hopped up on chardonnay probably would have yielded the same result. I definitely almost forgot my bikini until I saw it hanging on the back of the bathroom door this morning, so who knows what surprises lurk in my suitcase.

And because the cost of flights into Madison from DC are the industry's way of sweetly asking us to bend over, I am flying into Detroit instead. Tomorrow morning, bright and early (I heard the words "six," "a," and "m," but subconsciously chose to ignore them), the Lady and I are motoring our way north on I-75 and then west through the Upper Peninsula. I'm pumped! Besides Maine, the UP is one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. Oh sexy little camera, I hope that you are prepared!

(Oh, and P.S.? Northwest? If you fuck up my flight, there will. be. BLOOD. YOURS. Mwuhaha! Mahwah!)

1 comment:

Waayers said...

Wow, that chick is hott. I hope I look like her when I grow up.