Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Comparison Shopping

It's been over a week or so since my True Blood marathon, and I've realized that am in withdrawal. A little bit. After a few days of hemming and hawing, I compared prices and finally decided to buy the first season.

I compared prices, because that's what you do. You don't randomly gallop into Target or wherever, scoop up your bounty and throw hard-earned money at the cashier as you run out the door in a hurry to get home and see canoodling vampires on your television screen. Well, I know someone like that, but it's not me. Anyway.

Speaking of which, Borders, do you really think that I am going to pay $55.99 for a five-DVD set? What about you, Best Buy? $46.99? I don't think so!

I even checked overstock.com and buy.com and contrary to the ideas set forth in their commercicals, their prices were laughable. Finally, my beloved Target disappointed me as well ($49.99), and I'll just have to get over that, I suppose.

Anyway, I ordered them on amazon, and I got myself a sweet ass deal from the marketplace. Up yours, Barnes and Ignoble (Ha ha! Do you see what I did there? WORD PLAY). Suck it, Worst Buy!


With all due respect, Best Buy, I found this on the internets and mean no copyright infringement. But you are poop.

No comments: