Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Just Another Reason to Hate CNN

This story was reported on the BBC News website today: Russia in Ukraine Missile Threat. This... seems like kind of a big deal, right?

I looked, but couldn't find anything about it on CNN's website. I did find this story, though: Secrets Behind Your Favorite Toys. And That #!&!$ Other Driver!

Cut it out, CNN. Report the news. Real news. News that matters. I know it's difficult, as Britney hasn't done anything crazy in like, days, but maybe visit BBC News once a day or something. You might learn something!

(Also, I know that we're smack dab in the middle of all of the election insanity, but there are other things going on in the world. Acknowledge it.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Huh, that wasn't the article I thought you were going to link to. I thought you were talking about the Russian bombers that buzzed a US aircraft carrier. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/12/AR2008021200500.html
Now that story doesn't report it, but I read that Japan said Russia violated their air space.
Do you get the feeling that Putin needs to be the biggest dog on the block and will start a world war to prove he is supreme leader?

Anonymous said...

And a follow-up:
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-US-Navy-Russian-Bombers.html?_r=1&scp=3&sq=russia+AND+navy&st=nyt&oref=slogin

Anonymous said...

acknowledged. but you already know bbc world service knocks the socks off all our news (except NPR.)

Heather said...

lem - Agreed. I think that we should all be terrified. Also, I think that he looks like Riff Raff from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

mush - I love BBC. LOVE. I have yet to get into NPR.