Sunday, February 10, 2008

Birdies!

I love birds. I love pointing them out to Mike, especially the hawks flying overhead when we're driving somewhere. He just loves that. He loves it almost as much as when I point out Ford Foci on the road. Because if you haven't noticed, they're everywhere.

I was getting some supplies out of the closet at work the other day and noticed an exhibition case tucked away. It was full of little birdies and I love it and want to take it home.




I have issues, maybe. I don't know.

Also, there's a bat in there. Sneaky!

6 comments:

RR said...

The goldfinch (I think)! The woodpecker! The other cute birds! The bat!

Love it.

(I also point out hawks and other big birds whenever I see them. My family is filled with people who will--sadly--take their eyes off the road while driving in order to stare up at the sky and say, mesmerized, "Ooooh, biiiiig biiirrd.")

JLR said...

Yes, our family loves birds. We especially like the tufted titmouse and the chickadee. Sooo cute.

Heather said...

Cedar Waxwing! Woodpecker! Baltimore Oriole! Mallard! Hummingbird!

Yes, goldfinch!

The Lady got me into birdwatching, and I am an admitted "Bird Nerd." I don't care!

Heather said...

jlr - The little birdies are the best. One of the moments that I knew I hated a supervisor at work was when I commented on the sparrows and she said, "Why the hell do you like them? They're dirty little birds."

Boourns!

Anonymous said...

boobies.

Heather said...

a - Exactly.