Saturday, February 16, 2008

Dos TVs = Stupid, Tired Heather

Now that I have my own place - for the first time since 2002 - I've developed some really bad habits. Mostly, they revolve around the television.

I have dos tvs in my studio loft. Dos. My landlord left hers, and it's nice! I have it wired to the DVD player (and VCR. Yes, I still have a VCR. I'm thinking about getting one of those sweet combos eventually, though. You know, when I win the lottery or something because I am broke as a joke) in the "living room" area.

I also have my tv, which has followed me from Michigan to DC and back. It's on its last legs, especially when the weather gets cold - there's a lovely line across the screen until it warms up. A swift smack to the side usually fixes that, but remains annoying. Also, it was my brother's for years before I got it, so... it's old. Not hooked up to cable, it was almost worthless... until I jimmied up my portable DVD player. And now it's AWESOME.

My problem? I am staying up waaaaay too late watching CSI and Law & Order reruns, Food Network shows, and lineups of Friends and Scrubs. If I'm not watching those shows, I'm watching Arrested Development DVDs on my ghettovision.

Point is, I'm NOT SLEEPING. I stayed up until four in the morning a bit ago to watch 80s horror flicks. WHY? WHY WOULD I DO THIS?

So now I am not to watch tv past ten. That's my new rule. Let's see what happens!

No comments: