Monday, December 07, 2009

My Subconscious Is Stranger Than I Thought

Last night, I could not get "How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria" out of my head. I have no idea where it came from, as I haven't seen The Sound of Music in months, but there it was. Stuck in my head, annoying the crap out of me especially because I can't remember all of the verses, but can totally rock the part where the Reverend Mother has her solo bit at the end of the song. She was badass.

And then this morning, I woke up with "To Be With You" by Mr. Big.



Oh my GOSH, look at their hair! And LEGGINGS.
YOU'RE WELCOME.

5 comments:

Megan said...

dude! weird! I don't even know that song, I haven't seen Sound of Music since I was 14 yet lately every time I see a jerk kid being a jerk in the library, I start singing (in my head) "How do you solve a problem like Maria?" Maybe the song is used in a commercial or something?

Jenny said...

Ok to be with you is one of my favorite songs in the whole world. Mr. Big, not so much what I pictured in my head, I was thinking more of a jason Maraz looking guy with a great 80s get up. If I had legs like that I would wear bad ass leggings too. Especially with writing on them. Why express yourself verbally when you can just wear all the words you want to say on your pants?

JLR said...

Dude. I love that song, even though it was sung by someone who looks like that.

lem said...

Ah the 80s, how I love you. That song is AWESOME! I deeply regret that I wasn't old enough in the 80s to appreciate the amazingness at the time. I absolutely love my monster ballads CD.

Heather said...

megan - How are you a child of the 80s and you don't know that song? But yeah, jerk kids... Makes me grateful that I don't work at the museum anymore.

jennifer - We used to ROCK OUT to that song at church youth group. That and Pat Benatar. I don't know... But the pants - I agree. They're all you need!

jlr - I had seen the video. I knew that he had amazing hair. But I guess that my brain blocked out the fact that the leggings were THAT amazing.

lem - I have "80s From the Heart," and while that song is sadly not included, there are many other fantastic tracks, like "Sister Christian." Of which I had not been aware. and which I now belt out in the rare chance that I hear it on the radio.