Friday, September 04, 2009

Weight Off My Back

I carry way too many things in my bag. I'm sure that it wouldn't be a huge problem if I was able to drive to work, pick up my bag from the passenger seat, and enter the building. That probably wouldn't have as much of an impact on my back and shoulders. No, I take the bus, which involves much more walking, waiting, and carrying. And ringworming.

I carry all sorts of things with me. My phone, iPod, chapstick, and keys. My sunglasses, planner, wallet, and camera. A notebook, a regular book (or two), folders, and bus schedule.

I'm sure that losing the books would help tremendously, but I can't even consider that. Being stuck in a boring situation with nothing to read? I don't think so!

But then, there's more! I have a little catch-all bag within my bag. It's not too large, but I manage to cram all sorts of things in:

Brush - for those unkempt moments.
Blister Block - it really works!
Lotion - For lotioning needs.
Antibacterial stuff - for public transportation.
Two chapsticks. Because I can.
FIVE lip glosses? REALLY?
Three different kinds of eye drops.
Cough drops and lozenges. For fun.
Mini container for pills of all kinds. Need drugs? I've got 'em!
Several off-camera items for lady-parts needs.

Obviously, these little drugstore finds don't add up to much in the weight department, but I do need y'all to recognize my insanity. Five lip glosses? I don't even know how that happened.

No comments: