Wednesday, September 02, 2009

My Three Senses. Er... Five.

I hate getting up for work. I'm going to guess that I am probably not alone in those feelings, but seriously, I HATE getting up. I hate getting out of my comfortable, cozy, warm bed to be startled awake by the evil bathroom light. I've never been one of those girls who could take her shower at night - my hair is much too fine and grease-attracting for that. Besides, the times that I have forgone a shower in the name of getting to work on time, I've felt like complete crap all day.

But on those glorious days when you get to sleep in, be it a weekend, holiday, or "sick day," and you get to take your time waking up and getting out of bed and maybe even grabbing a little something from the fridge, why is it that once you get your dirt-ass in the shower, everything smells different?

At six-fifteen in the morning, I don't really taste the toothpaste. I don't smell my shampoo. I'm so out of it (and blind), I probably wouldn't know if I was using my facial cleanser on my arms or using my shampoo to shave my legs. Later in the day, though? Those scents COME ALIVE.

I swear this to be true. Early in the morning, I don't smell my shampoo. It smells like... clean. But when I shower after I've had time to wake up, it smells nice! Toothpaste, too. I always brush my teeth before I get in the shower, as has been my routine for years, and I just don't taste anything resembling mint. I know that my teeth are clean and fresh, but that's all I know.

Thank you for listening.

No comments: