Thursday, September 24, 2009

Soy Sad :(

I eat healthy foods, but I'm not a health freak. I love fruits and vegetables and even though I'm slowly winning the battle, I try to drink more water than Coke. I would eat edamame every day if I could, but I hate the texture of tofu.

And when it really comes down to it, I can think of nothing better than a medium-rare steak and a large glass of Merlot.

I saw a great commercial the other day, and it's very well done! I think that it's informative, interesting, and it makes me want to try the product:

[Ah, yes. Here is where I would post the commercial, but the only versions I can find are for viewing in Japan, and therefore only helpful to my dad, who can speak Japanese. And I don't think that he reads my blog much anymore because he thinks that I swear too much.]

Right. So Soyjoy? Isn't so tasty.

The morning after our adventure, I tried the peanut chocolate chip. It was... dry, unyielding, and tasted very little like chocolate. Or peanuts. The consistency was like half-dried play-doh, which might have worked if it had any redeeming tastes.

So I have yet to try the strawberry, because I love strawberry, and I hate being disappointed. But if the main ingredients are strawberries and soy, why should I eat it? I have strawberries and edamame at home! I could have a lovely salad with vinaigrette or something.

Or I could mash them together in a log and sell it for $1.39.

Nice try, Soyjoy. And great marketing, really. But you taste like play-doh. I'll have a Twix instead.

3 comments:

lem said...

Ok, I love soy, but that just doesn't sound good. I'm actually kind of sicked by the thought of a strawberry soy bar.

Jenny said...

Soy joy sucks. I got a boatload of them free in a raceday bag (I love freebies) so I was super pumped because they are kind of pricey right? Anyway, I took one bite and had to spit it out. Seriously, me! I am like a goat and eat everything! Oh well. Go for the steak and wine, skip the potato and you are all good. Cheers!

Heather said...

lem - I was wondering what our resident vegetarian had to say. Yeah, it was disgusting. And I still haven't tried the strawberry one. I'm scared.

jenny - You're kidding! You eat like, tin cans and such. (I will never forget the homemade ice cream cake that you are in two days).