Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Afraid of Heights at the Exact Wrong Time

So I had an awesome job interview the other day, but that's not what I want to talk about. Let's talk about how I was wearing a gorgeous black wool crepe dress, adorable heels, and a beautiful bracelet. I carried my sweet new purse and a nice folio for notes. Everything was perfect.

Except that my underwear would NOT STAY UP.

I decided to walk from the medical campus to my interview on central campus. It's not a long walk, and I was planning on dropping in at my old museum before the interview to see my former boss. Thank God I did, because by the time I walked that half mile, my underwear had shimmied past my butt and were heading for my knees.

So I did what any logical, rational, twenty-nine year old woman would: I taped them to my hips.

It worked. It worked so well that I forgot that I had used tape at all until hours later when I was getting ready for bed. Clearly I don't drink enough water as I didn't have to use the restroom until a full EIGHT HOURS after the interview.

Either way, office supplies save lives. Remember the trouser stapling incident?

I'll keep you posted on the job. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Sunny said...

I'm just jealous that you actually went 8 hours without having to pee.

The good news is that you are definitely not pregnant.

(Sorry, that could be kinda weird coming from your boyfriend's sister. I didn't mean it in any inappropriate, overly personal way.)

(Or did I?)

Waayers said...

WHAT?! Were you wearing granny panties??

Heather said...

sunny - Oh I'm sure that I had to pee at some point, but I just ignored it. It's smart to do that, yes?

(And there is absolutely no offense taken. No chance of pregnancy, either, especially after my sister-in-law has been peppering me with horrid, squeamish details for over four years now. And also because I have $1.75 in my checking account until I get paid tomorrow, and I can't imagine that I would be able to support another living thing at this point in my life, let alone myself.)

(And I also don't care about the inappropriateness or personal...ness. You see, we are already on the road to being lovely friends, and as my sister-in-law will tell you, it is amazing to be friends with me, as I adore the inappropriateness. Also because I am awesome.)

waayers - NO, I wasn't wearing granny panties (jeez, you sound like Mike). They were very nice panties that just happen to be those which are panty-line-free, which translates to less elastic at the top.