Monday, September 21, 2009

You Can Find Anything on the Internet: Example One

I don't remember how I heard about the site, but when I received two Supernatural Season Four dvds this Friday, I saved the flaps waiting for the perfect time to try out my most recent internet discovery: Netflix Origami.

So today, I made an origami box out of the excess Netflix mailer flap. It took me like, an hour.

I'm not saying that I'm stupid, but sweet Jesus! Origami is hard! It doesn't help that my medium of choice was mandated by the internet.

There are instruction sets for many different shapes and animals. I liked the frog and the "crabby crustacean," but I was unable to distinguish between the "swan" and "elegant swan," which annoyed me to no end.

I settled on the Origami Paper Box, for no other reason than I thought that it would be easy.

Ha.

I was about this close to crumbling that damn box into oblivion on more than one occasion. I don't know why I couldn't comprehend the final step. I always scored really well on spatial reasoning sections of exams, so the fact that I couldn't wrap my brain around this stupid ass little paper box really pissed me off.

I sure am glad there wasn't an origami section on the GRE, that's for damn sure.

Oh look! A sweet little box for wee things and such!

That will hold practically nothing.
Dammit.

Well, I guess I'll make the frog next. Or the elegant swan. Either way, I'm guessing they'll be smaller than my chapstick. And that they will probably be crushed to death by my hands. My hands of death. Death hands!

No comments: