Sunday, February 04, 2007

Superboring

I did something this evening that may appall some people: I didn't watch the Superbowl.

Gasp!

Call me un-American if you will, but I just had no desire to watch. Had the Patriots or the Eagles made it, I might have shown some interest - if only to glimpse fellow UofM alum Hot Tom Brady or to be supportive of a certain Philly fan.

Instead, I whipped up my lovely bean and corn salsa dip (recipe below) and watched season two of Arrested Development. If you've yet to discover the brilliance of this show, I highly recommend checking it out soon.

I did catch the K-Fed Nationwide commercial, only because I was in the kitchen at the time. Funny, but whatever. I'm sure I'll be able to watch the commercials at work tomorrow if I get a break from the GD intern applications.


Bean and Corn Salsa Dip


1 can sweet corn, drained

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed

1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered

2 green onions, sliced thinly

1/4 cup World Harbors Mexican Style Fajita Sauce
a handful fresh cilantro, chopped

Combine all ingredients in a deep saucepan over medium heat. Combine thoroughly and stir until heated through. Remove from heat and add cilantro. Serve warm with tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Deals On Wheels said...

I'm an Eagles fan, too. Much to Trevor's dismay...

Of course, there were two SU grads on the Colts, which made the fact that they won all the more sweeter.