Thursday, February 08, 2007

Metallic Hair

It's that time again - intern application time! Here is my desk, seemingly happy and carefree:

LIES! It's all smoke and mirrors, people! It's to distract you from what's going on elsewhere (to the right of the photo, actually)! I won't go into the paperclip situation this year since it really wasn't that horrific. The paperclip variations were few because, much to my dismay, the little effers made up for it with staples:

(It looks like hair! Hmmm, that's semi-gross, now that I think about it. Especially since it's still sitting in a pile on my desk.)

But seriously. Hey, applicants: If you don't understand what the word "collate" means, then LOOK IT UP. I wish that we could institute rules for our applications as do other organizations. I asked my boss if we could include the following on our website, and she said no:

If you plan on stapling the bejesus out of your application, you can expect your letter of rejection in one month. Bwa ha ha
!

She thought that we could get "sued." And I was only half serious. Whatever.

The application count was ridiculous this year. This shot captures about 75% of my workload:

The picture doesn't even do it justice, especially as these still require massive amounts of copying. But it's okay: I love staying at work until 7:30 at night!

GD applicants.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH BOO FREAKING HOO!!!

Heather said...

Oh don't give me crap now that you've actually got things to do and have to be a model employee!