Thursday, February 22, 2007

DC Snow Ineptitude-ness

So DC finally got snow, and it was, as expected, a massive clusterfuck.

This is Tuesday, February 13, when the federal government shut down at 2 p.m. because the roads might be icy for the evening commute. I wish I were kidding:


That's what, like, an inch of snow? Of course I was happy to be going home early - I stopped in Chinatown on the way home for some Thai Chili takeout and then happily parked myself on the couch to watch the Food Network until I passed out and woke up at 7. Or 10. I don't remember.

Oh, and will this ivy ever die? It's probably what killed the tree that keeps dropping huge dead branches everywhere. Something my "landlord" will do nothing about. I'm waiting for one of the branches to pierce the windshield of our upstairs neighbor's car. Will. Be. Entertaining.

This is what the snow looked like the next morning, when federal employees were given a two-hour delay. Maybe... two inches total now?


It's ridiculous, I know, and so we just live with it. It's sure better than being in upstate New York, where they got twelve feet of snow and everyone was expected to report to work/school on time. It could always be worse, my babies.

No comments: