Friday, May 20, 2005

Cats and Dogs...

... falling from the sky, that is. Crazy rain!

I got out of bed at 7:45 this morning. To be to work by 8:30. Uh huh. Right. Surprisingly, I was only ten minutes late, and that includes the five minutes or so that I stood at the door staring into the driving rain while trying to force myself to go outside. It's a good thing that I don't live on the freaking orange line anymore, because I'd probably still be on it. With a land monster sitting on me again. The proximity of my house to my work is fantastic.

My jeans (yay, casual Fridays!) are soaked through all the way up to my knees. As long as I don't move too much, it's not so bad. Of course, the building's air conditioning is on (and has been since March, for that matter. Apparently, when DC hits 50 degrees, it's such a milestone that we need central air immediately), so my teeth are chattering. I still have this space heater...

So I stumble into work, and discover that the network is down. They don't know when it will be fixed. Marvelous! So staying in bed actually was an option. Internet and email work, so they won't send us home. Dammit. Awesome Roommate was supposed to be at work from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. today, but she hadn't left by the time I got out of the shower. I'm hoping that the rain had something to do with it - she was supposed to be there early to catch the wolves to be vaccinated or something. Maybe the wolves get irate when it's raining. Much like
Virginia drivers!

But last night was fun - HH at The Pour House. I think that every night should be $1 Bud bottles. And I think that every night should be hot Irish bartender night - "he touched my leg!" I swear, between The Pour House and Ella's, I may never be sober on a Tuesday or Thursday night again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All I think of when reading "The Pour House" is "The Whore House." Is that bad?

London's K-10

Heather said...

K-10, not a very nice thing to say about your alma mater's alumni bar!

Anonymous said...

Uh, considering the types of girls (read: sorority girls) that were at my "alma mater," I think my name is much more fitting.

K-10

Heather said...

BURN!

But, yes.