Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Friday...

Friday night, I met Waayers and Laurel at the Chinatown Chipotle for dinner. We sat outside, to make the people-watching more enjoyable. Why are there so many cops? They were everywhere, walking around flaunting their copness. Some were in uniform, some wore their badges on their belts, some had theirs on a necklace/chain – all had their pants hiked up waaaay too high. We could not figure out what was going on. Then one walked by in what looked like a flippin’ Gestapo uniform and we got a little scared. Weird! Then Laurel showed up and told us that there was some kind of cop convention in town. Well, sure.

A cop car pulls up in front of Chipotle, blatantly ignoring the NO PARKING zone, because it must be an emergency! Nope. This Dylan McKay-looking cop (sans sideburns, alas) gets out and promptly saunters into Chipotle. Whatever. I hate cops who park wherever the hell they please in order to get FOOD. On his way in, he passes this other jackhole who is leaning against his ten-speed like it’s a fucking Porsche, hitting on every girl as she walks by. Yeah, that’s the way to do it, moron. “Hey baby, you like my ride?”

Then Joshy showed up and the four of us went to see Kicking and Screaming with Will Ferrell. Highly amusing and very predictable, but worth every penny just for the coffeehouse scene. If you’ve seen it, you know what I’m talking about. If you haven’t, then go see it and then tell me how lame I am because I thought that the coffeehouse scene was hilarious. I do laugh at everything, after all. The previews, though, which included the new Bewitched and Harry Potter, were SWEET.

Then it was off to The Brickskellar where I was a total girl and drank me some Woodchuck ciders instead of Guinness even though I could really go for a Guinness right about now. Mmmmm…

No comments: