Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Saturday...

My plans to get up early and go to Eastern Market were shattered by my desire to stay in bed and watch DVDs on the computer. Why is Clue one of the best movies ever? Answer: Madeline Kahn.

Headed over to Josh/Tucker/Evan’s for the Chili Blow-Off Party. Sitting in the sun with one’s feet in a kiddie pool while drinking beer (well, Cherry Coke, in my case because I’m LAME) and eating homemade chili is a good way to spend the afternoon, let me tell you. Kicking ass in flip cup also helped the situation. The sunburn wasn’t so bad after a while, and there were so many fun people there!

Then it started raining. Crazy rain! It stopped, we all went back outside, and it started up again. By 9, we headed out to AM and a small bar called the Toledo Lounge. Very chill.

The real story starts on the drive home. Rhett and I had NO idea that the drive from Dupont to Union Station would be so eventful! We get to about 13th and L, and we see a large woman walking around purposefully. She was wearing -- and I must warn you that this is graphic -- a mesh body stocking that barely covered her ginormous ass, a thong, and a short jacket. And when I say mesh, I don’t mean tiny little holes. We’re talking 2” x 2” holes. And she was large. Figure it out.

And that’s when she got propositioned. We were laughing so hard, I thought Rhett was going to drive off the road. It was the first hook that either of us ever saw. And what an image to commit to memory!

We kept driving up L, and we saw more hooks! They were coming out of nowhere (Then you stop and look around, and there are people everywhere! People coming out of bushes, what? Accident? Think I better watch for a while!) and strolling up to the cars stuck in traffic. As Rhett’s car was stuck. No hooks for us, but there were a few close calls. We were too busy watching the various reactions of passengers when they were approached. Awesome.


Home. Discovered that the massive amounts of thunder and lightning made Awesome Roommate’s tv CATCH FIRE and my internet to completely stop working. Sweet!

No comments: