Wednesday, May 25, 2005

9:30 Club

Freaking sweet!

Of course, we stayed on the floor rather than punching and kicking our way into the balcony. This was fine. Until people started showing up. We staked out a good location in advance, but as everyone filed in, I could no longer see the stage. And this was before the opening band, Athlete, had ventured onto the stage.

For those not in the know, I am not what you would describe as "tall" or "lanky." My driver's license says, "Height: 5-0" (in relation to my MI license which said, "Height: 50," but whatever). So, more like "vertically challenged."

I know that I can't really complain, because if I had wanted to be able to see everything, I would have gotten there early and stood in front of the stage without moving. But really, Mr. 6'5" guy who stepped on my foot, are you that dense that when you sauntered by, stepped on my foot, turned around to apologize and saw that I was lacking in tallness, you thought that it was prefectly acceptable to stop and stand directly in front of me? GAH! Have some manners! I almost feel bad for punching you in the kidneys. Well, almost punching you.

Anyway, this was my view for most of the night:




All three of those girls in front of me wore glasses. Weird. But yeah, besides the whole "not seeing much" extravaganza, it was an amazing concert. Thanks for the invite, boys!

No comments: