Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day Ridiculousness

The gentlemen at Club 1139 had a party - the craziest one yet, really - for Memorial Day. It began as a simple afternoon barbeque and ended with an empty keg and ten trillion Miller Lite cans, a kiddie pool, neighborly spin-the-bottle, a pink stuffed pig and a garden gnome in bed, and Josh dancing on the table. Again.



The jungle juice was in top alcoholic form, I didn't get sunburned, and lots and lots of adorable-type boys showed up. Nice! In other news, Waayers kicked my ass in foosball. She didn't drink at all though. Hmmmmm... I think that a rematch might be in order... CHEATER!

Oh, and also? Can we talk about DDR? (That's Dance Dance Revolution for those of you not in the loop). Remember Nintendo? No, original Nintendo? Right. Think back to the Track and Field game with the PowerPad where you could run hurdles or compete in the triple jump. That's pretty much what happens in DDR, except that you DANCE along with sweet chart-topping hits by Kylie Minogue and Culture Club! I do think that it is designed to make the entire three-story townhouse shake like it's on the edge of a fault line, however.

I spent most of the party worrying about my brother and his soon-to-be-born daughter. Kari's water broke around noon and I was so nervous that I'd miss a call from my mom, that I spent the entire day walking around wearing my cell phone clipped onto my skirt like a white-trash crack whore. Plus, it was on vibrate. Rowr! I mean, don't get me wrong - while I didn't worry about answering my mom's phone calls drunk off my ass (it didn't quite get to that point, though) - I certainly drank my share of jungle juice. I never got around to playing flip cup though. Next time.

Did I mention the adorable boys?

No comments: